Here is a list of resources to help with training away from the gym during the COVID-19 Social Distancing and Quarantine.
This phase of training
Here is a big-picture view of what our @ Home programming cycle looks like.
We are embracing our new equipment and facility constraints and have built a program that requires very few tools, but should provide the proper challenge to make progress despite not being in the gym.
Our current focuses include:
- Leg Strength: Bulgarian Split Squats
- Pushing Strength: Handstand Push Ups, Push Up Stamina
- Pulling Strength: Chin Ups (:03 lower) or Ring Rows or Bent Over Rows
- Skill: Freestanding Handstand
- Coordination: Cross Jacks
- Mobility: Squat Challenge
Just like when we train in the gym your growth in these areas will be dictated by the focus and energy you pour into each workout.
Tips for maximizing your returns:
- Complete ALL the work, EVERY time (warm ups, strength/ skill, WOD).
If it’s on the program, do it.
- Log your progress (in a notebook & online).
How many reps did you complete today?
How much weight did you use?
Make sure it’s more than last time.
- Do something every day.
We have lots of ways to move within our @ Home training.
Some are intense like the strength and WOD, others are softer on the body like the Squat Challenge and Coordination work.
Find something you can do every day and pencil it in.
Join our Email of the Day newsletter.
- An @ Home variation of the Workout of the Day
- A healthy recipe to try at home
- Updates to our gym operations
Track your Distance
GPS running app for tracking distance: MapMyRun
Own the Warm Up
All of our daily warm up drills can be found on our YouTube playlist @ Home Warm Up Drills
I wrote about why we are pursuing a coordination challenge and some of the inherent benefits and challenges here.
Use this Cross Jack Playlist as reference for picking this still apart.
30 Day Squat Challenge
Every day for 30 days we are spending up to 30 minutes (spread throughout the day) sitting in a resting, flatfooted squat.
Read about the full details of the challenge here and join us!