(Tue March 31)
On Monday 3/30, AZ Governor Doug Ducey issued the 'Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Connected' executive order that says AZ residents should stay home unless they are going out for 'Essential Activities.'
Thankfully, 'Engaging in outdoor exercise activities,' is one such Essential Activity :-)
In order to continue conducting our park WODs in a safe manner we are:
- Removing all shared equipment from the group workouts. Most notably the rings and pull ups bars.
- Increasing the physical distance guidelines to 10 FT during class. We are breathing heavily and sweating during the WOD and since we have access to an ENTIRE soccer field, we might as well use our resources to their full potential.
- Suggesting you avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth during WODs and use hand sanitizer immediately following the park workout.
We coaches are committed to upholding these safety guidelines and supporting the community effort to stop the spread of this virus.
If you have any questions or concerns about our park operations, please reach out immediately to help us navigate this health crisis intelligently and safely.
Let's continue to Stay Safe and Connected!!
(Thu March 19)
Earlier today, Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchel issued a proclamation to order the closure of Tempe bars, in-restaurant dining, entertainment venues as of 8 PM today and fitness centers as of 1 PM today.
We at Free Range have been preparing for this prospect and want to share our plan for continued support of our members.
- We will continue to pour energy into our Email of the Day - which includes instructions on our @Home version of the Workout of the Day, a healthy recipe to try at home and resources for participation in our 30-day Squat Challenge (started today - woo!).
- We are loaning out equipment to current members. Come pick out 1-2 weighted items to be used in our @Home Workout of the Day.
Logistically we are unable to take reservations, so equipment will be first come first served.
Equipment pick-up times:
Thursday 3/19 - from 5 PM - 6:30 PM
Friday 3/20 - from 12 PM - 1 PM
Saturday 3/21 - from 8 AM - 9 AM
- Lastly, we’ve received a lot of great suggestions and support on how to remain connected as a community through these closures including Live Streaming of workouts and park WODs. We’re exploring these ideas among others and will continue to stay in contact as these ideas develop! :-)
We greatly appreciate all of you who are able to continue to support Free Range and other local businesses during these crazy times.
I’ve already heard several of you mention purchasing gift cards and ordering takeout from your favorite restaurants. Hearing people find creative ways to support one another is such an awesome side effect to witness during times like these!!
In the meantime, let’s keep our fitness and health as a high priority!
Have you begun your 10 minutes of squats yet today!? :-)
Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell's announcement