Breakfast loaf’s have been a staple of our mornings ever since we started the Whole30 program this month. They are invaluable in the time it saves us prepping, cooking and cleaning up after breakfast in the morning, not to mention they are DELICIOUS! We have tried several variations, both of our own invention and from others. This week, it was time to get creative. Maybe it was the “halfway thru Whole30″ cravings setting in or the fact that we had baked some green onions in our stuffed bell peppers last week, but it plugged the idea/smell/flavor of a supreme pizza in our minds. This week we decided to recreate the smells and tastes of a delicious supreme pizza without falling off the wagon or going through a gigantic insulin spiking pizza crust! Let’s be honest, the best part of a pizza is the toppings! Enjoy!
Ingredients (we doubled this for two people’s breakfast for the week)
diced black olives
1 tsp ghee
marinara sauce (preferably homemade)
Method plus or minus several dance moves
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Brown the italian sausage over medium high heat in the ghee.
3. Chop green bell pepper and mushrooms.
4. Shred zucchini.
5. Dice red onions.
6. Crack and beat the eggs, adding a little water.
7. Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with the veggies and olives, then top with the cooked meat.
8. Pour beaten eegs over the whole mess evenly.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, making sure the eggs cook through.
10. Enjoy with some freshly made marinara sauce every morning!