Question: Who likes waking up an extra 30 minutes early so you can prepare, cook and clean up a good breakfast.
Answer: Very few, patient people.
Solution: Do all your prepping, cooking and cleaning ahead of time. Pre-making your breakfast is an easy way to ensure your meal choices in the early hours of the AM are sound and healthy…plus it saves on dishes!
This is the breakfast we will be eating throughout our first week on the Whole30 program!
Yields 6-8 servings. (We doubled this in our photos for AB and I).
18 cage free eggs
1/2# bacon or chicken sausage or turkey sausage (nitrate/nitrite, dairy, gluten, soy, sugar free)
3/4# ground beef, grassfed
1/2 yellow onion
2 small zucchini
1 large yellow squash
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cook bacon, or sausage of choice, then remove to a plate. (If you bought precooked, skip this step).
3. Chop the onion and cook over medium-high heat in the ghee with the minced garlic.
4. As onions start to become translucent, turn up the heat and add ground beef, until browned.
5. Remove beef & onion to a bowl with slotted spoon.
5. Grate the zucchini and yellow squash.
6. Beat the eggs and add water.
7. Mix all the meat and veggies in a casserole dish.
8. Pour egg mixture over the meat & veggies.
9. Toss in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your casserole dish.
10. The loaf is done when the eggs start to rise a bit and you can stick a knife in it without any egg sticking to it.
11. Cut into squared portions and serve throughout your week!
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: ~25 min
You can easily pop these egg loaf squares into the microwave for a few minutes and eat on the go or serve with homemade guacamole or salsa, bam!