We made a pretty tasty roasted vegetable salad in preparation for our first week on the Whole30 program. It was very simple but packed quite a bit of flavor. We made a HUGE batch of it to include as part of our daily lunches. Enjoy!
Makes 6-8 servings. We doubled in our photos.
1 package of brussels sprouts, roughly 1#
1 egg plant
1 large zucchini
1 large yellow squash
1 red onion
1 head of cauliflower
1 broccoli crown
1 carton of cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
Fresh dill, cilantro, chives, mixed fresh herbs of choice
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Peel and chop eggplant into 1/2inch pieces.
3. Chop zucchini, yellow squash, red onions, cauliflower, broccoli crowns and add to mixing bowl.
4. Cut off ends and half Brussels sprouts and add in with other chopped veggies.
5. Add olive oil and sea salt to vegetables.
6. Place the veggies on a roasting pan and roast for 25 minutes, stirring it up every 8-10 minutes.
7. Half the cherry tomatoes.
8. Finely mince the fresh herbs, until they yield a cup’s worth.
9. Mix in the cherry tomatoes in the roasting pan and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
10. Remove vegetables from oven and let cool slightly.
11. Mix in fresh herbs and juice from lemon.
12. Serve (warm or cold) over roughly chopped romaine lettuce with olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
13. (Optional) add protein of choice.